Preparing for Your Meeting with the Immigration Doctor + I693 Information
We offer i693 exams for you and your family. That means your husband, wife, and children can all get this exam down at our office location.
For your immigration medical exam you must bring:
- Photo Identification (government-issued Photo ID, such as a valid national passport or driver’s license)
- Immunization records
- Medical insurance card
- Payment for the exam
- Fill out our electronic form for i-693 form that will be provided to you via a text message
You should fill out the Form I-693 to the extent you are able and bring it with you to the exam. At that point, the doctor will use the form to give a report of the medical examination and vaccination record to the USCIS. You will receive the original Form I-693 in a sealed envelope for you to mail to USCIS or bring it in person at the time of a USCIS interview, as well as a copy of it for your medical records. (Note that the envelope you provide to USCIS must remain sealed in order to comply with the USCIS regulations).
Do I Need a COVID Vaccine Shot for an Immigration Exam?
Starting October 1st, 2021, the CDC requires the Covid vaccine for the immigration exam. The Covid vaccine means having two shots of Pfizer, two shots of Moderna, or one shot of the Johnson and Johnson shot.
Civil Surgeon Exam Costs
Great City Medical charges $130 for Civil Surgeon Exam plus the following fees for additional tests and vaccinations:
- Syphilis Test – $50 (Required to be performed at the time of the exam)
- Gonorrhea Test – $80 (Required to be performed at the time of the exam)
- Tetanus – $50 (not older than ten (10) years)
- QuantiFERON-TB Gold – $100 (not older than one (1) year)
- Rubella MMR IgG Titers – $40 (not older than (1) year)
- Rubella MMR Vaccination – $180
- Varicella IgG Titers – $20 (not older than 1 year old)
- Varicella Vaccination – $200
- Hepatitis B Titers – $40 (not older than 1 year old)
- Hepatitis B Vaccination – $140
- Flu Vaccination – $35 (within the current flu season date 10/1 – 3/31)
*All vaccine fees could be avoided by bringing vaccination records or obtaining them for free at any New York City health clinic or urgent care.
what people say about us